a linux printer driver for HIPERC protocol
e.g. Oki 301dn, Oki C310dn, Oki C810, Oki C3100n, Oki C3200n, Oki C3300n, Oki C3400n, Oki C5100n, Oki C5150n, Oki C5200n, Oki C5500n, Oki C5600n, Oki C5800n
Tarball last modified: Sun Dec 01 14:26:57 2013 CST
Alpha Quality Uncompressed Mode ONLY, 4MB per page (mono), 16MB per page (color)
*** DON'T USE the foo2zjs package from:
*** Download it here and follow the directions below.
Ubuntu, SUSE, Mandrake/Manrivia, Debian, RedHat, Fedora, Gentoo, Xandros, EEE PC, Linpus, MacOSX, or BSD!
foo2hiperc is an open source printer driver for printers that use the HIPERC wire protocol for their print data, such as the Oki C3400n and the Oki C5500n.
This driver uses Ghostscript to perform all of the heavy lifting (image processing). There are five major components to the foo2hiperc printer driver.
- foo2hiperc - the page image to protocol conversion engine of the driver.
- foo2hiperc-wrapper - a shell script (compatible with foomatic) which runs ghostscript and foo2hiperc in a pipeline.
- icc2ps - converts an ICM color profile to a Postscript CRD, which is then fed into Ghostscript before the users Postscript program.
- foomatic-db - foomatic database entries which describe the supported printers and their options so that printer spoolers know how to access the printer using foo2hiperc-wrapper.
- hipercdecode - a tool for developers to inspect HIPERC streams.
You can read the manual pages for more information.
With the foo2hiperc driver, you can print to some Oki and possibly other HIPERC printers:
Supported Printer B/W Color Driver Notes Oki C301dn / C310dn Yes Yes foo2hiperc not compressed Oki C810 Yes Yes foo2hiperc not compressed Oki C3100n / C3200n Yes Yes foo2hiperc not compressed Oki C3300n / C3400n Yes Yes foo2hiperc not compressed Oki C3530n MFP Yes Yes foo2hiperc not compressed; PRINT ONLY Oki C5100n / C5150n / C5200n Yes Yes foo2hiperc not compressed Oki C5500n / C5600n / C5650n / C5800n Yes Yes foo2hiperc not compressed Olivetti d-Color P160W Yes Yes foo2hiperc not compressed
These printers are not supported by this driver:
Unsupported Printer Notes HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Supported by my foo2zjs driver HP LaserJet Pro P1102/P1102w Supported by my foo2zjs driver HP LaserJet Pro P1566 Supported by my foo2zjs driver HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Supported by my foo2zjs driver HP LaserJet P2035 Supported by my foo2zjs driver HP LaserJet 1018/1020/1022 Supported by my foo2zjs driver HP LaserJet 1000/1005 Supported by my foo2zjs driver HP LaserJet M1319 MFP Supported by my foo2zjs driver HP LaserJet P1005/P1006/P1007/P1008 Supported by my foo2xqx driver HP LaserJet P1505/P2014 Supported by my foo2xqx driver HP LaserJet M1005/M1120 MFP Supported by my foo2xqx driver Minolta-QMS magicolor 2200/2300 DL Supported by my foo2zjs driver Konica Minolta magicolor 2430 DL Supported by my foo2zjs driver HP Color LaserJet CP1215 Supported by my foo2hp driver HP Color LaserJet 1600/2600n Supported by my foo2hp driver HP Color LaserJet 2605dn Unsupported. Use Postscript Konica Minolta magicolor 2480/2490 MF Supported by my foo2lava driver Konica Minolta magicolor 2530 DL Supported by my foo2lava driver Konica Minolta magicolor 1680MF/1690MF Supported by my foo2lava driver Konica Minolta magicolor 1600W Supported by my foo2lava driver Oki C110 Supported by my foo2lava driver Xerox Phaser 6121MFP Supported by my foo2lava driver Samsung CLP-300/310/315/325/365/600/610/620 Supported by my foo2qpdl driver Samsung CLX-2160/3160/3175/3185 Supported by my foo2qpdl driver Xerox Phaser 6110 Supported by my foo2qpdl driver Lexmark C500n Supported by my foo2slx driver HP Color LaserJet 1500 Supported by my foo2oak driver Kyocera KM-1635/KM-2035 Supported by my foo2oak driver Dell 1355 Supported by my foo2hbpl driver Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CM205 Supported by my foo2hbpl driver Fuji Xerox DocuPrint P205 Supported by my foo2hbpl driver Xerox WorkCentre 6015 Supported by my foo2hbpl driver Minolta/QMS magicolor 2300W/2400W/2500W Try the m2300w driver Minolta/QMS PagePro 12xxW Try Beetman's 1200W driver or Schiller's 1xxW driver Minolta/QMS PagePro 13xxW Try Beetman's 1200W driver or Schiller's 1xxW driver Konica Minolta PagePro 14xxW Try Schiller's 1xxW driver
foo2zjs is open source software that is downloaded over the internet. No media (CD) will be shipped in exchange for your donation.
I keep a record of everyone who has contributed to this driver, in terms of 1) money or equipment, 2) usable bug reports, 3) code and advice.
There are over 359,358 unique IP addresses that have downloaded this driver. There are only a handful of people who have ever contributed to this project (and my thanks go out to them).
Click the link, or cut and paste the whole command line below to download the driver.
$ wget -O foo2zjs.tar.gz http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/foo2zjs.tar.gz
Now unpack it:Unpack: $ tar zxf foo2zjs.tar.gz $ cd foo2zjs
Now compile and install it. The INSTALL file contains more detailed instructions; please read it now.Compile: $ make Get extra files from the web, such as .ICM profiles for color correction. Select the model number for your printer: $ ./getweb 301 # Get Oki C301dn .ICM files $ ./getweb c310 # Get Oki C310dn .ICM files $ ./getweb c810 # Get Oki C810 .ICM files $ ./getweb 3100 # Get Oki C3100n .ICM files $ ./getweb 3200 # Get Oki C3200n .ICM files $ ./getweb 3300 # Get Oki C3300n .ICM files $ ./getweb 3400 # Get Oki C3400n .ICM files $ ./getweb 3530 # Get Oki C3530n MFP .ICM files $ ./getweb 5100 # Get Oki C5100n / C5150n .ICM files $ ./getweb 5200 # Get Oki C5200n .ICM files $ ./getweb 5500 # Get Oki C5500n .ICM files $ ./getweb 5600 # Get Oki C5600n .ICM files $ ./getweb 5800 # Get Oki C5800n .ICM files $ ./getweb 160 # Get Olivetti d-Color P160W .ICM files Install driver, foomatic XML files, and extra files: $ su OR $ sudo make install # make install (Optional) If you use CUPS, restart the spooler: # make cups OR $ sudo make cups
Now create printer entries for your spooler. Create at least one queue for monochrome, and another queue for color printing. Create the queues first, then edit them and set the device options as desired. See your operating system documentation for further details on creating a printer queue. Click any hyperlinks below for sample screenshots.For Redhat 7.2/7.3/8.0/9.0 and Fedora Core 1-5 users:For Fedora 6/7/.../19, and Ubuntu 7.10/8.x/.../12.x users:# printconf-guiFor Mandrake/Manrivia users:$ system-config-printerFor SUSE 10.x/11.x users:# printerdrakeFor Ubuntu 5.10/6.06/6.10/7.04 users:# yast2 printerFor Debian 3.x, 4.x, and other systems that use CUPS http://localhost:631$ sudo gnome-cups-manager $ sudo make cups # IMPORTANT: gnome-cups-manager has a BUG in itCommand line using CUPS:$ firefox http://localhost:631# lpadmin -p "NAME" -v "URI" -E -P /usr/share/cups/model/file.ppd.gz # lpadmin -d "NAME" # Set the default
For a networked Oki C3400n, use a "Queue Type" "HP JetDirect" and set "Host:" to the IP address of the printer and "Port:" to 9100.
If you installed as per the above instructions, then click on our forums for questions and support.
If you installed a THIRD PARTY (e.g. Ubuntu, Gentoo, etc.) foo2zjs package, then read the INSTALL file and follow the directions. No third party support is given. You MUST install using the above procedure.
This driver uses uncorrected or imperfect colors. Please read "CUSTOM ICC/ICM COLOR PRINTER PROFILE" in the INSTALL file.
It uses Markus Kuhn's JBIG-KIT compression library (included), and Marti Maria's icc2ps program (included).
- www.worldlabel.com - Worldlabel.Com: A Brand Name in Laser Labels & Inkjet Labels
- Gnome Manual Duplex - Manual Duplex for Gnome
- www.linuxprinting.org - Home of foomatic
- ZjStream Reference - Overview of ZjS data format
- MacOSX INSTALL.osx - Directions for Mac OSX
- Printing booklets - ... with PSUTILS -- support for creep (shingling)
- Argyll Color Management System - Argyll is an open source, ICC compatible color management system
- MadManChan's Custom Printer Profiles - Possible source for buying a custom .ICM color profile ($30)
- PC35 PhotoLab Custom Printer Profiling Services - Possible source for buying a custom .ICM color profile ($30)
- Cathy's Profiles - Possible source for buying a custom .ICM color profile ($35)
- Dry Creek Photo - Possible source for buying a custom .ICM color profile ($50)
- ColorValet - Possible source for buying a custom .ICM color profile ($100)
- The Digital Dog - Possible source for buying a custom .ICM color profile ($100)
- freecolormanagement.com - CMS Links
- www.aim-dtp.net/index.htm - Accurate Image Manipulation for Desktop Publishing
- http://www.color.org/ - The International Color Consortium
- Gernot Hoffmann - Color printer test pages